Minute Man Air Field is the steward of over 200 acres of open space. We are home to many unique species of plants and wildlife. We have enlisted the aid of local farmers to work the land, providing jobs and fresh produce while helping maintain safe, open approaches to the runways. At Minute Man Air Field, aviation works hand in hand with local environmental interests.
- Environmentally aware airport community
- Local forestry aerial survey base
- Strong commitment to Noise Abatement Procedures to minimize environmental noise
- Open space surrounding airport is locally farmed
- 20 year on-going Blue Bird restoration project
- Home to Bluebirds, Whippoorwills, and Bobolinks
- Audubon Society Resource