“Best” Fuel Price – $4.49!!!
YOU are invited to our annual ‘Kick Off Party’!
Wednesday, January 21st, 2015 at 7 pm – South Hangar East
Hosted by ‘Friends Of Minute Man Air Field’ – FOMA
Nancy’s at the Air Field
Speakers will include
- Airport owner Don McPherson,
- MassDOT-Aeronautics Division’s Executive Director Chris Willenborg,
- Aviation Caucus’ Representative Kate Hogan,
- AOPA’s Sean Collins,
- Wings and Wheels’ Chairman Laura Spear,
- Aptis Aviation’s Rich & Jake,
- Alpha Bravo’s Alan Brown,
- Angel Flight,
- Pilots and Paws,
- Coast Guard Auxiliary,
- EAA 196
- and an introduction to a charitable conservation-oriented flying group, ‘LightHawk’
Yummy Refreshments will be served by Nancy’s and we will have a Cash Bar
The heat will be cranked Way Up, so come out and have some fun. Maybe you’ll even win a Door Prize!
In other news:
Permitting continues for Runway ‘3/21’ – Repaving Project – Phase II
Our triple round of public hearings will be held as follows:
- Earth Removal – Board of Selectmen at 7:10 pm on January 13th,
- Order of Conditions – Cons Com at 7:30 pm on January 20th,
- Erosion Control – Planning Board at 7:30 pm on January 7th.
The above hearings will be held in the Stow Town Building, 380 Great Road, Stow. Come early to get a front row seat. Your participation can help us move this public process over the goal line. You do not have to be a Stow resident to be heard.
FOMA’s ‘Hangar Talk’ is set for Saturday January 3rd at 8:30 am at Nancy’s – join us!
The ‘IMC CLUB’ MEETING will be held in the Magenta Flight Training classroom on Tuesday, 1/20 at 7pm. Their meetings help develop flight safety / proficiency with ‘Scenario Based Learning’. All pilots are welcome!
TINKER, TAYLOR, BUILDER, PILOT will meet at Nancy’s at 11am on Saturday, 1/17 (third Saturday) for lunch, socializing and learning. If you’re a builder or a tinkerer or just want to know how to change your own oil, stop by. See Dave Setser’s beautiful Xmas gift (it should fly?) from his wife and maybe even visit a neighbor builder!
Nancy’s at the Air Field is accepting reservations for their ‘Robbie Burns Celebration Supper’ Saturday, January 24th. This traditional, bag pipe accompanied, participatory fling is not to be missed! Get details at her always up-to-date web site. Nancy’s will NOT be open for MLK Day.
Office, Hangar & Tiedowns available.
Catch the ‘Minute Man Spirit’ at one of our events this month. No cure is known!
Boosting the ECONOMY – Serving the COMMUNITY
Nurturing the ENVIRONMENT since 1969!